Hello, my name is…
Through this exercise I depicted my personalities using 3 name cards of 3 different styles.
- Characteristic: carefree, simple
- Humour brings laughter. Laughter are contagious. Laughter brings Joy. 😀
- Turning my initial into a pun: “still my favourite S”
- Improvised by drawing the word like body parts. Shanelle is indeed a sexy name. Just like the person. Wew~
- Characteristic: enthusiastic, determined
- My favourite technique: fumage.
- Fire represents passion. Fire represents enthusiasm.
- Fingerprint represents identity.
- Characteristic: Lazy, Boring
- Panda is in a world of colours. But panda is black and white. Panda is dull and down. No wonder the colours around Panda are not bright. Panda needs help. I am Panda.
- Panda wants to find brighter colours, but Panda doesn’t want to move.
- Hopefully, Panda will walk down the path to brighter colours ahead in the future.
Using lines to form a word.
Paper cutting and layering technique.
The artist uses two simple materials-paper and glue, and a simple technique that involves the placement of carefully cut and bent strips of paper -to make lush, vibrant, three-dimensional paper artworks.
“Paper always held a special fascination for me. I’ve tried many deferent methods and techniques of working with it, until I found the way that has turned out to be ‘the one’ for me: now I draw with paper instead of on it”. – YULIA BRODSKAYA
Besides researching the artist on the internet, I went to adm library to search for typography books as well. Here are some photos and idea from a book that inspired and left a strong impression in me.
FROM ONE OF THE BOOK.
3D TYPOGRAPHY BOOK.
Henna inspired typography.
Henna considered a way of expressing happiness and style at the same time. To me, henna is feminine and alluring as most women use henna to decorate their hands with beautiful ornament.
Is it a photo or painting? The scanner effect is made up of 2 main factors:
- Scanner’s camera has very high resolution, creating detailed and sharp images.
- All the objects are placed on a flat plane, with nothing in the background.
The lack of perspective and depth results in a unique image capture, giving three dimensional objects a partially flat appearance. This special effect gives a touch of the surreal to the image, somewhere between fantasy and reality.
I was inspired by scanography and tried out my own version as well.