Inspired by the Greek Mythology:
In Greek mythology, Pandora was the first woman on earth. Zeus ordered Hephaestus, the god of craftsmanship, to create her and he did, using water and earth. The gods endowed her with many talents; Aphrodite gave her beauty, Apollo music, Hermes persuasion, and so forth. Hence her name: Pandora, “all-gifted”.
When Prometheus stole fire from heaven, Zeus took vengeance by presenting Pandora to Epimetheus, Prometheus’ brother. With her, Pandora had a jar which she was not to open under anycircumstance. Impelled by her natural curiosity, Pandora opened the jar, and all evil contained escaped and spread over the earth. She hastened to close the lid, but it was too late. The only blessing to the entire incident was that at the bottom of the jar, layed the gift of hope.
Pandora’s box, to me represents one’s subconscious mind. Pandora was given a jar filled with many sickness, desires and the many evils of the world. All of these are present in our subconscious mind. I believe that our subconscious mind not only has the power to manifest our most precious dreams and wishes but also our fears and hidden desires.
We all carry a Pandora’s box in our minds. By becoming aware of the things we have buried inside the box, we may be able to find hope and in turn heal ourselves. So…what do you have inside your Pandora’s box?
1. I am curious
- Due to Pandora’a curiousity, she opened the Pandora’s box.
- Magnifying glass – represent curiosity, the urge to search for more information.
- At the spiritual level the magnifying glass in the dream means that the dreamer must take a closer look at his behavior, if he wants to move forward on the path of spiritual development.
My pandora’s box – Fears and desires.
2. I fear losing/endings
- Dark crows – closely connected with death and loss.
- Cutting of ropes – endings
3. I desire for more
- Octopus tentacles – represents greediness, the desire to grab more things in your hands.
4. I am Couragous
- Oak Tree – The mighty Oak is a symbol of courage and strength, legend has it that it is the most powerful of all trees, the Mighty Oak stands strong through all things.