I started on this project by brainstorming and drawing out the draft some sample products on isometric papers before transferring them onto the blue paper:
After deciding on what the overall idea of the zine will be, I went on to further research and develop on the blueprint designs. I downloaded more references and studied on the layout of a blueprint. Here are some references:
Here are some discovery after my research:
- The white-on-blue photographic print are commonly drawings used to design buildings and vehicles
- A blueprint used to consist of white lines on a blue background. A more recent process uses blue lines on a white background.
- The title block on a blueprint contains the drawing number, the name of the part or assembly that the blueprint represents, and all information required to identify the part or assembly.
- The title block also includes the name and address
- of the organization preparing the drawing, the scale, drafting record, authentication and the date.
I referenced some of the title block that I ‘ve found and created my own ridiculous title block: