in Dictionary, Process, Research

Project 3 I Mindmap, Proposed Idea & Moodboard

Colourful Mindmap

Based on the 50 words that I’ve came up with, more than half of them are metaphoric representation of me and I plan to use the idea of metaphor as part of the project together with the word Colourful, which I’ve chosen among the 50 words to expand and explore on the possibilities.

Colourful encompasses a variety of definition that includes the psychological, physiological, scientific and other aspects of which I would like to focus on perception, under the psychological aspect. Gender, age and culture contributes to how individuals perceive and react towards colours. Though colours give off specific moods (e.g. red = danger, active), personal emotions, memories and experiences does affect how one feel and think about that particular colour(s).

Thus, my proposed idea is to create a Lexicon of Colours using personal interpretation and perception of colours and represent it in a metaphorical way that would reflect my personality. Basically, it is a vocabulary that uses colours to express my perspective as an asian adult. The aim of this is to show how colours play a part in the psychological aspect of life, in terms of personal preferences and perception. The purpose is to communicate the idea that different colour brings different degree of reaction based on the feeling attached to it and therefore, individuals may share the similar or different views as/from me.

Pinterest – Mood board as to how I could present this idea..