There are 2 posts filed in Research (this is page 1 of 1).
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO NOTE OF CLIENT
Dawin’s expertise is on Branding, Packaging and Print, Publicity and Publications and also creating infographics.
- Dawin is highly active on his social media specifically on his Instagram in which he posts images captured by himself of mainly the following components as follows, a) Group photos with friends, b) food, c) art & crafts, d) travelling and, e) Chinese cultural events and/or works.
- Dawin shows high interest in Traditional Chinese Culture such as Chinese
- Calligraphy and Lion Dance as evident in his social media accounts and especially since his personal name card has a Chinese Seal Hot Stamp print of his Chinese Name.
Despite his liking of food, he expressed his dislike for fruits strongly.
Needs – Client’s need for hall stay is beyond the idea of a gift to him by me. Wants – Similarly, Client’s want for more time for his holiday is beyond the idea of a gift to him by me. Request – Client is well versed in most art and craft aspects so what he requested for is as simple as Sincerity in the gift. Aesthetics – Client’s trait to focus more on the aesthetics than the functionality of a product but subjected to different circumstances.
EXPLORATION ON 3 KEYWORDS
Chinese Calligraphy Chinese Paper Cut Pantone (Colour System)
- To build something with very strong Chinese Traditional Culture such as Chinese Paper Cut and/or Chinese Calligraphy
- Attempt to incorporate his favourite Colour of Pantone 109C (Yellow) onto the final product
- To build a gift that would be very personal to him, something that he will not bear to throw away like flowers for an example
- Traditional Chinese Characters for Client’s name
- Hand-made with Dull Grey Clay
- Characters are hand-carved
- Spray painted with Grey Stone finish
- Each side represents the evolution of the Chinese letter for ‘Monkey’
- Product was made without any general purpose for the client, simply a gift that represents a very Chinese cultured Dawin
- Having said that, the weight of this gift is sufficient to act as a makeshift paper weight when required. :p
- A smaller prototype version whereby the accuracy in carving becomes way tougher
- It was easier to mould it to shape as compared to a larger one
- Significantly lighter in comparison to the large one
- Could have used Gold paint to paint inside of the carved areas to bring out the characters and also as a makeshift of his favorite color – Pantone 109C