So I continued with my previous idea of “Party with the Arts” onto this project but changed the illustration style.
This is my layout on illustrator:
Here’s how it looks like when folded:
The feedback that I got for this first draft was:
- The boombox in the cover page was static and no energy could be felt from it.
- The folds were a little awkward too and it might be hard for some to fold it back.
- The fireworks page was a little empty, hence I could think about incorporating some pictures there and also, adding a header for the Arts and Health programme.
- Incorporate elements of music and art into the headers of Art-on-the-Move and Music-on-the-Move.
So working with the feedback, this is the second draft I came up with.
And here’s the new fold:
The feedback that I got for the second draft was:
- The splatters of paint and music notes were very random. I should play around with the size of it.
- Frames were too big and taking too much space, making the pictures too small for viewers.
- Reduce size of body text and the text wrap for Music-on-the-Move is awkward.
- Colour could be brighter and that the teal/turquoise was jarring.
- Remove fireworks and instead use bubbles and water droplet shapes to tie the pages of the entire brochure together. (sense of flow)
And here’s 2 of my shortlisted ones for my final work:
2. Blue with Yellow/Orange
In the end I decided to go with the second one (Blue with Yellow/Orange) since the first one (Yellow/Orange) is too boring.