Motorized drink holder
Smart Home Device – A robotic drink holder that “serves” your cup of drink to you, based on your command.
Meant to use on a table or bed, when user is doing their work. The user will be able to customise the command for their drink to be served to them. If not, they can use a remote whereby buttons will be used to operate the drink holder.
Also, there will be timer whereby the drink will be served every half an hour or so, or when the face recognition detects that the user is thirsty (e.g. licking your lips).
- CONVENIENCE: Cater to daily needs of the lazy
- AID THE DISABLED: Bring accessibility to the lives of people with physical disabilites
- ROUTINE: Ensure that the user constantly stays hydrated
- Wood + metal
- Speech Recognition
- Remote (buttons, up and down) to control the motor arm
- Thirst detector using camera – Facial recognition when you purse your lips together/lick your lips – immediately serve your drink to you
- Or Timer? Every 30 mins serve drink to you – “Please have a drink”
Holder should speak – “Please have a drink.” / “请喝吧”
- Proximity Sensors (to detect the user)
- Speech Recognition (either Arduino or PARALLAX)
- *Bluetooth to connect to app? Think how to develop an App and connect to the holder
*Potential further development app
- Customized phrases to key into the app
- Select language- Only English and Chinese
- Turn on or off functions / customise the drink holder