How might the open source system of sharing and collective narrative be a creative inspiration and approach for artists?

It is definitely exciting to be living in the age of the internet, where we can make a bigger impact and also reach out to a bigger audience than we ever could.  I really love the idea of the open source being  a “mode of technological production that is collectively authored or manufactured and distributed without profit, or limited profit-sharing according to specific guidelines, such as those laid out by the Open Source Initiative” .

Personally I love the idea of sharing and it is amazing what people of the internet can do together. I think it’s great as a source of inspiration (and FUN!) for a lot of people.  I am currently learning Arduino now and I am SO THANKFUL that it is OPEN SOURCED!

This was something that we did with a code that was freely shared on the internet. I don’t think that I will be able to do this without open source.

Coding fun. Thanks @wind_style listen to the sound of awesomeness hahaha

A video posted by Angel C. (@revivalblessings) on

If video is not working, it can be accessed here “https://instagram.com/p/6h12AnJePf/?taken-by=revivalblessings”

Then of course I do understand that there are copyright laws on the internet and that not everyone wants to share their work with one another in a way that is “open sourced” . But I am definitely glad that there are still people who see the benefits of open source and see how all of us are part of a bigger picture.

One thought on “How might the open source system of sharing and collective narrative be a creative inspiration and approach for artists?”