Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children // Movie Synopsis
Keyword: children, peculiar
Some stills/posters from the movie;
For my design, I wanted to combine all of the children’s characteristics in a single image. I thought that it will be not be meaningful if I just create characters that represent themselves in a straightforward manner, from the movie itself.
This first draft looks clustered and chaotic, with disorderly manner, hence, for second draft, I aligned the children at the background. This can also portray a message which says that the children looks normal from afar, but as you get to know their secrets/ability, they are different. They are peculiar.
Peculiarities are special powers syndrigasti are gifted with. As said in Library of Souls, a peculiar’s soul (containing their peculiarity) is precious.
List of known Peculiarities:
- Pyrokinesis (Emma Bloom)
- Agrokinesis (Fiona Frauenfeld)
- Levitation (Olive Abroholos Elephanta)
- Invisibility (Millard Nullings)
- Syndrigast-Hollow connection (Jacob Portman, Abraham Portman)
- Bee Control (Hugh Apiston)
- Super Strength (Bronwyn Bruntley, Victor Bruntley)
- Re-animation (Enoch O’Connor)
- Stone gaze (The Twins) (film only)
- Shapeshifting (Ymbrynes, Caul Bentham)
- Telekinesis (Melina Manon)
- Cyrokinesis (Althea Grimmelwald)
- Dream Manipulation (Lavinia)
- Seeing Ghosts (Hildy)
- Regeneration (Farmer Hayworth, Sam)
- Control over Snakes (Snake-Charmer Girl)
- Healing abilities (Mother Dust)
As for my last draft(below), I had included the abilities of levitation, invisibility, bee control and dream manipulation into one form. As they were all different, they had a sense of comradeship as they knew the difficulties of being different. They are united as one, hence, I placed all of the different abilities/powers into a single form.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.