To crf to Calista’s post for secondary research:

To test out our project, we did a dry run and fine-tuned some details.

In order to solve some of the possible issues we came up with (as mentioned in Calista’s post), we decided to create a sample score for the class so that they have an idea of how to create sounds using the things found in the toilet. Also, this solves the possible problem of the participant not being able to come up with a sound of their own, yet if they would like to freestyle, they had the freedom to do so too.

Regarding the scale of the project, we were afraid that if all 13 people in class were to participate, it could get chaotic and very hard to coordinate. Hence, we decided to split the class into two groups. Depending on the situation during presentation day, we would either get 7 people to volunteer, or rotate between the two groups such that everyone will get a chance to participate.

We also decided to keep the beats rather simple as we found that it was hard to focus on your own part (if it was too complicated) when all the sounds were combined.

Here’s a video of us doing a sample score.

 

We also created instruction sheets and included the beats of the sample score for ease of understanding or in case the participant forgot his/her assigned beat.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Next up, the presentation day!