Horror-themed Puzzle : Picking up clues to form a narrative
Think Mystery. Enigma. Conundrum. Along with a dark theme. Who wouldn’t love a story plot along the lines of that? Okay maybe not everyone but it’s sure to intrigue some.
As the name goes, the interactive horror-thriller online game is only available to ‘guests’ from 6pm to 6am. Between this timing, you can play a game made up of mini heart-thumping tasks as you take a walk through the haunted hotel.
It has heart-racing interactivity as users are picking up clues and solving puzzles along the way.
Examples of interactive gameplay
- Scanning across the room in pitch darkness with a camera.
- A click will trigger a flash in its pitch darkness and you need to capture an image of the ghost that runs around the room.
Another one is to collect clues
- You accidentally enter the courts of a decapitated asylum and get greeted with a psycho that happens to look like Amos Yee
- Prompted by a random generated question eg. Enter the number of eyes / number of horse legs marked on the wall
- You key the right code combination and you make it through to the next round, continuing your narrative
Will you play my game?
Platforms: Website / VR Headset
One medium I’ve always wanted to work with is the VR headset.
It’s a burgeoning technology and the ideas of an interactive narrative on this platform is countless.
I tend to picture my end product before I work on the topics so i’ll just leave this here
Ultimately, I hope to create a work that would hold the audience attention and be ‘addicted’ to it instead of a one-time project / interaction for IM year 2.2