I forgot to post this post on my process- it was saved in my drafts unfinished, so I’m posting it now!
Dated: 10 March 2016
Group consultation notes:
-I wasn’t able to show my Photoshop composition to my classmates because my Photoshop broke down…
-However, I did run by them my concepts- they didn’t have much to say, well because I didn’t show them anything. I tried to describe the room in the womb composition to them, but I think nobody understood what I was talking about so they didn’t answer me when i asked them what they thought about it.
-Joy did give me some food for thought- she suggested I do the whole project about Hitler and beauty??!! (She says its so that I have its better for my art direction- so i would know what style to use and all that )It sounds like an interesting idea.. but I’m not sure.
As of right now, I’m deciding between two concepts:
- Ironic/twisted situations
- POV of rabbit VS POV of child
- POV of son VS POV of mother (murderer)
- POV of Hitler VS POV of mother
- Beauty from the POV of Hitler is blue eyes, fair skin, blond hair:
- I started on the composition for the POV from Hitler again, although I’m still not really sure what I’m doing- I’m just playing around in Photoshop.
- My idea behind this is that I want to make use of the adjectives (blue eyes, blond hair and fair skin), and incorporate it into the view Hitler looks out of. So, to him it’s like the ideal landscape, playing on the term ‘Lebensraum’ (living space for Hitler and his Aryans).
- I wanted to make it seem that he was looking out into the open and even then all he sees is the beautiful- which is fair skin, blond hair and blue eyes.
- I tried using a nose (to depict fair skin) and blond hair to ‘blend’ into his painting, but there is not much contrast because everything is already relatively beige/brown and it doesn’t look interesting visually.
- Conversely, I was thinking of putting a blue eye as the sun, but I felt that it would look too jarring and out of place since the long hair and fair skin almost camouflages into the painting.
2. Beauty from the POV of a mother is the baby in her:2. I was also thinking, for the accompanying POV from Hitler’s mother, it might be interesting to have this painting he did of a house, tinted red in Photoshop for 2 reasons:
a) To mimic the inside of a uterus (I had this idea from the article about Canary Island spa shown below.
b) To foreshadow the bloodshed he will cause when he grows up to become a murderer.