Danraxelia Chapter 1: Brave New World

It was right before sunset when the sea dipped like a waterfall.

The mist before them had taken the pale tint of purple and the fading pinkish greenish hue of the darkening sky, and before they realized, the hazy horizon line had come unusually close to the ship.

Though panicked, sailing for 15 years provide most of them with ample experience reacting to the unexpected. All capable individuals got to their allocated positions where they knew they would be most useful as a member of the crew. The Giowels working their magic on the sails, wind and water current directions, some Tierans providing back up with their potions and strength where it is required. The rest of the people concentrated their efforts on the ship’s mechanics should that be their expertise.

They stopped the Ship from tipping over the edge with herculean effort.

brave new world
Hasty speedpaint: the ship is at the edge and the top of the city peaks through the mists

As a few stood and observed the cause of their predicament, the silhouettes of architecture and light peeks through the dissipating mist, yet it is impossible to know the full depths from which this city arise. Those with binoculars, or just binocular eyesight, seem to identify shadows of people visible through the thick mist, igniting murmurs of excitement amongst the passengers.

Yet, the Chiefs (2 Human Leaders, 1 Giowel Elder and 3 Tieran Shamans) swiftly and unanimously agreed that they should leave this unusual city behind.

It is too different from the land they were accustomed to, and they it is too dangerous for all of them to attempt getting off the Ship without ascertaining what kind of city lies beneath.

It will be way too strenuous for the Ship to remain where it is for more than half an hour without being dragged by the currents off the edge of the falls, and even with the unique potions of the Tierans, the Giowels cannot sustain their magic forever. It is in their best interest to turn the mast as soon as possible… while they still can.

However, unbeknownst to the excited crowds and the worried Chiefs then, two of their kin has already gone off the Ship.

IMAG5408
OOC: Its a magnified diagram from another diagram I have of the whole world. That inconsistent line is NOT a force field or something LOL
IMAG5409
Rough sketch of the lay out of Danraxelia from side view. The thick black lines are lifts to go up and down the levels.

How did Beam and Dom get off the ship and into Danraxelia (the city)?

Hint: Air magic alone is not enough. Gliders and mechanics OK. Free falling…er… well………….. XD

(OOC: The Chapter ends when you both are settled into the city. I estimate 2-3 comments required each, please and thank you~ ><

Also I like how one of you is 13 and one is 31 X”D)

(OOC edit: It seems having you both settle in in chapter one is a bit ambitious, so getting off the ship is progress enough~ Will continue in the next chapter! Thanks~)

9 thoughts on “Danraxelia Chapter 1: Brave New World”

1. Beam: My face brightens up as I see the new city. “Wooh!” I run to the ship inventory and pull out a hang glider with much effort, then strap the glider on and climb to the side of the ship.

I am getting ready to leap off the ship when I see a Human preparing to leave the ship too. I know that person, I have heard of him from the Human friend who made the staff for me. That person is Dom.

1. Dom jumped off the ship without noticing Beam. Now Beam can:

1. Jump off on his own, roll 2 dice at https://www.random.org/dice/ to determine where you will land!
      2. Try to follow Dom with his glider~ How do you react when you see Dom loosing control of his mechanical wings?

Either options describe your thoughts (Consider: Parents, the Giowel that taught you? It was a rash decision will there be regrets, or he is too excited to consider those at the moment? XD) and maybe the journey a bit~ *w*

1. Beam: There’s no need for Mom & Dad and Phin(the Giowel teaching me) to be worried about me, I’m just going down there to get a better idea of the city then come right back up! I’m good with the glider; I’ll be fine. It’ll be real quick anyway!

I leap off the ship and glide freely towards the city, enjoying the breeze, then circle a little above the city. The idea of setting foot on land for the first time puts a silly grin on my face heheh

1. (OOC: Yay thanks for your replies~! It seems having you both settle into the city in chapter one is a bit ambitious, so Chapter 1 shall just end here where you both are finally reaching land~ Let’s continue in the next chapter! *w*)

2. Dom: I could not stand being on this ship anymore (land person), so i packed up my things to make the leap. Inventory(Rucksack): Food provisions, Rope, Medical Kit, Army knife, handgun, ammo and some mechanical components. I wore the mechanical wings i invented (ever ready guy), put on my air tight goggles, deployed and jumped. There was no looking back

1. Initially, the flight was smooth, taking Dom exactly where he wanted towards the city, and he can’t help feeling satisfied at his own craftsmanship while enjoying the newfound freedom of flight.

However, the mechanical wings have only been tested once or twice, and never has he flown too long or too far from the ship. As he drifted down, the upward thrust of the misty warm air was much stronger than at sea level, and he seem to have heard something rattle to his right.

He began to lose control of the right wing and will perhaps need to make an emergency landing.

Go to https://www.random.org/dice/ and roll two dice to determine where you will land!

(OOC: Also please feel free to elaborate on this paragraph w Dom’s experience/reaction/emotion~ And maybe a bit of thoughts like. Is he envisioning what he’ll see at the city? Or will he miss anyone on the ship? It’s a rash decision… OAO. (I dun mean to be too demanding but I want to have a clearer grasp of his thoughts and personality ><))

And I hope I’m envisioning the wings correctly (like bird wings? Or bug? I didn’t expect the wings idea and its cooll *w*))

1. [OOC] I got 7 too
        Dom: When i realised that the right wing was not responding well, i panicked for a few millisecond but manage to get my cool back. I was so thrilled to hit land again but was a bit sceptical also, because i was landing on unknown territory. The only person that i would actually miss on the ship would be Jack the old man, he was one fine inventor whom provided me with mechanical components for my own invention/prototypes.
        (Dom misses his famiy a lot too)
        [OOC] Yeah they look like bird wings. Made from magnalium feathers that can catch the wind. It also has some propellers to give him the lift.

1. (OOC: Yay thanks for your replies~! It seems having you both settle into the city in chapter one is a bit ambitious, so Chapter 1 shall just end here as you both are finally about to land~ Let’s continue in the next chapter! *w*)