This is a McDonalds advertisement in Singapore.
Image from: https://www.mcdonalds.com.sg/yousaiditwemadeit/
Google Slides available below: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1MJYalaZ6Ke3kDVnCChUWxoAYdKxrto04V4IAsSpiJFk/edit?usp=sharing
- Delicious, freshly made, juicy meat
- Want to try the new products
Use of colours/tone:
- Bright and colourful image,
- Variety of colours: red, pink, green, brown
- Implies optimistic atmosphere
The wooden tray, table and the burgers are all brown, therefore leading viewers to focus onto the brightest brown of the burgers.
Background/ connoted message:
- Grassland, Food on wooden table
- Linked to: Picnic, Farm, Sources of their new products are from farm->freshly made
Green of the grassland is the complementary colour of brown, contrasting the main objects in this image.
Choice of Containers:
- Wooden tray(raw material), glass cup, iron container for fries
- Linked to: High quality food
More appealing to viewers when compared to plastic containers that we usually see in McDonalds.
Words/ denoted messages:
The caption is in brown-red that is in same tone with burgers, table and tray.
- Brown-red highlight contrasts with the white bolded and capitalize letters-> eye catching
- To bring out the intention of this ad: come to McDonalds and buy their NEW products
- linguistic message directs exact information intended to be given to the viewers
- Labels are less important (name of the products)->in smaller font size.
Placement of food/ connoted message:
- Main food in front: burgers are the most attractive new products, thus are the focus
- Burgers are richer in colour compared to fries and McFlurry( the meat, veggie, cheese and bread) ->shows the juicy meat to attract potential customers
- Fries and McFlurry are out of focus
Thank you for reading ?