After reviewing the very constructive and helpful feedbacks given by my classmates and Miss Ina, I made several changes!
I took the advice to play with opacity and I drew extra motifs: Lotus Petals. I imagined falling petals with he floating babies would be really dreamy.
Hence I placed all my bloomed lotuses at the top, and the petals falling from there. This creates visual direction as well from top to bottom, where all the fallen petals gather at the bottom.
And then I added more existing motifs and varied the background to evoke different mood.
After consulting with Miss Ina, she asked me to try another composition where the babies are buried in lotus petals!
And it was indeed a very different feeling as compared to the floating babies composition, and I added other existing motifs to see what else works best!
I can’t help but think of the film American Beauty upon looking at the babies buried in lotus petals haha!
Furthermore, I added an overlay of the babies behind the existing ones as suggested to create greater depth to the background that works best, preparing them for test print with varying brightness, contrast and saturation!
To be honest, the comments given were really helpful because I was really stuck for a long time and the comments really helped to give me a new direction to approach my banner. THANK YOU. 🙂