Discarded Idea 1:
A mission-complete type game with a futuristic dystopian narrative.
In the year 2570, humanity has attained the technology to upload consciousness into machines. The lower ranks have been turned into AI robots to slave away for the elites. The code is absolute but there is a 0.001% chance that AIs will regain self-awareness. These Renegade AIs will attempt to runaway to Dimension 2390; safe haven/paradise for the AIs.
Location: Bugis Street
Players: 3 Renegade + 3 Guards
Guard’s Goal: Catch their paired Renegade using instagram clues
Renegade’s Goal: Complete missions to escape to Dimension 2390 without being caught.
How it works:
- Catchers have to track and catch their runner through image clues posted on the joint instagram account
- All players have access to joint instagram account
- There are mission stations along the route
- If they complete the mission in a certain amount of time, they will receive points/powers? Punishments if the runners are unable to complete their missions?
- Document them at the stations (before and after mission?)
- Upon suspecting that someone is the runner, catchers will use a code word to verify person (is this a glitch?)
- Players will be staggered throughout the 3 storeys.
- [The grass is always greener…] […on the ADM rooftop.]
- [Coffee, tea, or…] […teriyaki?]
- [Birds of a feather…] […cockblock together.]
HINTS FOR EACH STATION
- Surveillance Hack: At square area in the middle of the 3rd floor
- Show photo and ask them to find something that costs ( ? )
- Make the photo a jigsaw puzzle, hide it in a box, somewhere in bugis
- $23.90 = CD.JA
- Disguise: Anywhere on the 1st floor
- Take a picture in front of a mirror trying on a ugly piece of clothing
- Fifty Shades of Lei: Sex shop on the 1st floor
- Ask a stranger to help them take a photo outside the adult store
- ‘SEND NUDES’ in a scrambled jumble: A romantic two-word r crfcrc millennial phrase used to express their feelings.
- Tattoo: Have strangers try to copy a picture of a tattoo and draw it on their forearm on the 2nd floor
- Find a shop where people make memories permanent. Search for a pen (that looks like a spring roll).
- Lady Killer: Anywhere on the 2nd floor
- Beta mode: We don’t have a hint for you so here’s your mission straight up: Head to the 2nd floor and find a shop owner. Film yourself winking at one of them and prompt them to wink back.
- Portal: Stairwell
- Congratulations — you have completed all your missions! The portal is now open for your escape.
- Proceed to Level 2. Find this place:
Comments on Dimension 2390:
- Missions should depend on the theme of the game
- Should involve teams instead of one person —> The thrill of competing with someone you know.
- Catcher go through missions to gain visual descriptions of the other player/Runner go through missions to gain superpowers to stun the catchers
- Hider stays at one level but catcher goes to all levels —> Can deceive but the hider cannot change location
- Add clues
- Collaborations between the catchers and collab between the runner
- Try tweeting words instead of insta pictures
- Try disguising our Go Pro with a snack box :’)
- Facilitators hold the GoPro?
- Missions: Need to be more interesting
- What is the theme of the game? Interacting with strangers//fashion//sci-fi!!!!
- TAKE OUT SUBJECTIVE MISSIONS —> Switch to more of like hunting//searching kind of games
- WHAT IS OUR FRICKING OBJECTIVE OF THE GAME
- Instructions must must must be clear —> runner was confused
- Maybe when the runner is caught —> They become catchers////Facils film the catchers whereas runner him themselves
Reason to drop idea: TOO COMPLICATED. LACK OF MANPOWER.
- Real life arcade game where we are the characters that the players control
- 2 strangers have an intimate conversation with one another
- Separated by bed sheet / different rooms
- Communicate by passing written notes / slipping it under the door
- Version 1: No-escape room
- Max players: 4 pairs of 2 = 8ppl
- Pair: (inside) & (outside)
- Game host explain fake rules to all players of 4.
- (inside) and (outside) Players enter the game with extra secret solo missions that clashes.
- Watch the game fall into chaos.
- Version 2: Dead of Winter inspired
- Each player in one bed
- Each bed is a different fort with different supplies, covered by a bedsheet
- All players have a common goal but also a personal mission to accomplish
- We act as the people who deliver the bad news / crisis
- Version 3: Us versus Them
- We watch players from a screen outside
- Goal of the game is to escape the room
- One of us pretend to be a tourist and act as both a player and spy for us
- While everyone tries to escape the room, our spy will stir shit and prevent them from escaping
- Version 4:
- 1 bed fort, camera will film only the bed
- Play with other occupants in the room
- 2 players can enter at one time
- Both will have different roles
- Version 5:
- 4 beds, 4 players
- Maximum 2 hours
- Use telegram as means of a third space / QR code
- Covering of bed
- Fake mission -> real mission / they are not fully aware of parts of the mission
- Version 6: ‘Prop Hunt’ IRL
- Collective insta-account
- Looking for each other
- One player can only move 5j steps at a time / hop on one leg / lie
- Shed at Dulwich
- Fake restaurant that made it to the top of Trip Advisor
- People order from a menu of moods rather than actual food names
- Butler Cafes in Japan
- Waiters play along with the customers’ narrative about their day’s schedule
- Big Brother Survival Game >
- CCTV concept
- TV Audience watches the players and votes them out
- Betrayal and human dynamics