A collaborative project with Naomi. (Action starts at 0:52)
Posted by Yuen Jia Jun on Monday, 29 January 2018
After a long day of school, two friends decided to quench their thirst by refilling their bottles at the ‘same’ water cooler for one another.
Naomi was at the water cooler right outside the 4D room.
I was at the water cooler near the lounge at level 1.
The objective was to make the whole interaction seems like the both of us are at the same location.
The end result was slightly better than we expected. But if we were to be given more time and a better network connection, the experience would run smoother.
- At first we didn’t figure out how the Facebook live’s split screen would work.
- Internet connection. In order to sync seamlessly, both of our internet connection has to be fast.
- Naomi’s phone wasn’t compatible to the newest Facebook live function and she wasn’t able to join in the split screen mode.
- The alignment of water cooler was difficult to coordinate on our own side especially since we only had one hand free. The other hand was holding the bottle, the other had to hold the phone.
- We were disrupted in the middle of our live, where someone wanted to use the water cooler. Therefore we had to pause for awhile during our live.
- It was a fun and interesting experience.
- Expect the unexpected.
- We will be interested to explore more different interactive concepts using the Facebook live