2D Project Two Rhymmeees!

It has been a wonderful journey from the start all the way to the end of this project two. From the creation of my own version of ‘Row the boat’ Rhyme to the finding of dingbats to the compositing of the various designs using both from me and my classmate’s dingbats, the experience and amount of creative process that I had to undergo was amazing.

These are the 10 original dingbats!

DN1002_P2_LIU ZHANG TENG_3

DN1002_P2_LIU ZHANG TENG_6

DN1002_P2_LIU ZHANG TENG_2

DN1002_P2_LIU ZHANG TENG_9

DN1002_P2_LIU ZHANG TENG_5

DN1002_P2_LIU ZHANG TENG_1

DN1002_P2_LIU ZHANG TENG_8

DN1002_P2_LIU ZHANG TENG_4

DN1002_P2_LIU ZHANG TENG_7

DN1002_P2_LIU ZHANG TENG_10

Using the dingbats that I had on hand as well as utilising some of my friend’s dingbat, I managed to create compositions after compositions, with creative ideas flowing non stop simply because of the abundance of dingbats that was available. The idea of having everyone come up with their own dingbats then sharing it with the entire class was good because of the huge variety of images that we get to play with,

Of course, not every experimentation and compositions along the way get picked up. Some of the concepts where dropped behind..

Dingbat Trial one

Dingbat Trial two

Dingbat Composition Fairy

Dingbat Composition crocodile

Composition trial

Composition trial copy

composition idea

Composition dingbat

Composition Clock concept

Finally, after much consultation and brainstorming I managed to retain my concept of telling a short mini story/adventure using 4 compositions and delivered it in a funny and light hearted way for the audience. I believe in the storytelling element in every project I do and that I believe no matter what kind of project it is, there is always a story behind it that can be told. These are the 4 final compositions that I had. When read horizontally, it represents a timeline or river that the protagonist travels. Ive also included the visual comic of the story of the rhyme for your understanding!

20150930_132044

20150930_132100

20151015_182539

The presentation went smoothly and Im glad it managed to generate some good and encouraging comments from my classmates too. It was a good opportunity for me to get my hands on Adobe Illustrator for the first time. Technically it was still hard to understand as a first timer, but it was still doable !! Initially we also had some issues with the printing and arranging of the scheduling but all was good and because this is the first time we are doing a massive scheduled class printing i believe there is so much we can improve on and learn from in future printings !
20151015_182528

Overall it was a good learning experience and exposure for me!