This the final model I’ve built for ADM RPG, it took more than a total of 5 weeks to build it to this scale and the only thing that was not build by me is the railings found on the roof top and level 1 and 2 inside ADM. Although there are still many areas which is not completed like 2nd floor Foundation side(the scale is wrong but everything else works) and 3 and 4th floor, I could not go back to edit it as my Sketchup trail expired, tried many ways to reinstall the sketch up but apparently it doesn’t work once I updated to Sketchup 2017. This is a animation I did within Sketchup animation program. Since adding details is a never ending process(i could add much more detail down to every single object in adm, all table placement and sprinkler on the rooftop and such) but I need to proceed to next step else I will never complete the game, so I will leave the model as it is as it is already playable. IT IS NOT PERFECT BUT ITS WORKING AND COMPLETED!
This is the process in which i added the collision to the fence(it is downloaded and doesnt have a mesh that is usable as a collider within Unity, therefore i need to create my own).
Explanation of what I did in this video:
- Create a rectangular box and scale it according to the angle and size of every fence(which tooks alot of time, this is a timelapse video of 30x speed)
- Place the rectangular box covering the fence
- Add Physic: “Mesh Collider” to the rectangular box
- Turn off the “Mesh Renderer” so the box disappear from sight
- Collision still work after Renderer is turned off.
- Try the collision out and spot for possible bug(stuck and such)
After this process, I’ve got full collision system that all the current object have collision, the walkable areas are walkable while places like outside of ADM area and water at Sunken Plaza are off limits.
Next up I will add NPC and interactable objects to the game, write in narrative for them and refine the game till the end of semester.