After the last post where I’m almost done with the laser reader and there are still improvements to be made to it, but I will focus on other component and will come back to make it sound nicer if I still have time, for now, I need to slowly build towards the completion of Obsoleting Instruments first… I will need to a way to feed the music sheet into the laser at a constant speed, so after some research and thinking, I could use DC motors with gear box that drives the music sheet through a belt
system, so, with that in mind, I purchased some special rubberbands and the belt driver thing, as well as some gears and shafts and the plastic DIY construction pieces to test it out.
First, Since I’ve got the Landline Telephone, i need to clear the little plastic pieces inside to make room for all my components, and I thought it would be a simple task, but MANNNNNN ITS SOOOO INTENSIVE(because i dont have a proper tool to do it)
Theres a Chinese saying “Small knife cuts huge tree” its a torture and yet quite satisfying for me.
its like the loding screen, I can see the final point when doing it, so the hole need to go 1 round. and my finger hurts.
This thing tortured me, I tortured it back. Fair Game.
Slowly, i manage to cut all protruding parts except for the two longest one as i still need to close the top back and secure it.
and then put the belt and the belt wheel to check the distance required to have the just right tension as too tight it will not spin well and too loose it will come off easily.
I tried placing then together so they could sandwich the music sheet, but this is too near and it wont work well
and if I use a gear system, I could do more of the thing, but still need to consider about it.
After I got the usable distance, I proceed to 3D modeling the parts that is required.
The initial concept of the belt system. I know its abit overkill but.. I dont know where will it fail so I decided to give the music sheet full support, also, this was measured according to the belt length, Motor dimensions, phone dimensions, laser dimensions and the music sheet dimension to make sure they all fits. The complex base plate is to enable me to insert the belt after assembly.
I placed some holes to save some material and reduce printing time.
Then split the base into two part so that I can work on half and combine them later, I think it woule be much easier for me this way.. (And I dont have to print 6 hours just for the base.
It worked really well, but there is only one problem, my top cover of the phone could not close as it is slanted, so I have to shift the whole plate to the back, or place the top belt about 40% inwards but I cant just shift both belt wheel as there will be the laser reader there. so…
I will settle on my 6th one for now, since this is only half of the system, I need to get my music sheet up first for me to test the speed of the motor with this system since if half doesn’t work, nothing can work.
Pew Pew PEW. look at dem laZEERRRRR
I supposed it will work if i attach the motors to it. will upload another post once I’ve Progressed more.