carry on from the last post,
I started building my dark room in the corner of IM room.
took this rectangular pillar and removed the top screws and wooden block to use it as the main structural support for my dark room
measure and screwed in the track that will be used to hold the metal pole for the main structure
carefully measured and place the triangular poles in a 2.5m square
slide the metal poles on top of the pillars
connect the metal poles with metal joins and tighten it to make sure that it will be stable as safety the main concern.
well supported H frame which will hold the weight of the stairs for the candles
sample for me to gauge the overall look of it.
After the structure is stable, I continued to attempt to secure the walls of the room onto the structure.
the bottom piece is really easy to secure using staples
however the top is really difficult as there is no support when i am securing one side.
Ive spray mount and tape it at the back on the floor before mounting the side wall as it is SOOOO much easier and nicer to do so!
before attaching the side wall
after attaching side wall
after attaching both side wall
ziptie were used to secure the flap onto the pole.
Ziptie were used to to make sure it looks nicer and does not collapse, again, structural strength is the main priority as this is made of cardboard and I am lighting fire in it, I don’t want anything to collapse onto the fire.
Afterward, I tied the structural loop which my candle stairs will be attached to it later, it was tied to make sure nothing collapse again.
poles were put in place
to see if my loops were leveled.
Next, the sides of the candle stairs were secured with metal plates for hanging.
and its measured to make sure that it balances while carabiner were used in case i have to remove the candle stairs from the structure later. but i think it sure does look good here!
after I confirmed that the structure and overall look of the dark room, I proceed to build the roof of it, which is the most difficult piece to be build as it is really prone to collapsing and I did not want the structure to be seen inside, What i want to achieve was to have all structures outside of the dark room so it will feel legit like a room when you are in it.
first look of the dark room
then i tried to secure the bamboo for additional support
but remembered that i want the structures outside so i flipped the pole out
and then again, it is easier to do it on the floor then bring it up.
so I cut and tied the cardboard roof onto the support on the floor and bring it up afterwards.
but I’ve realised that I should not fasten the previous pole as this new piece of roof has to be ziptied onto the previous pole too
so I’ve removed and refasten the ziptie
placing the ziptie through the small hole
and I sprayed it with adhesive just like all other cardboard overlap to increase strength and reduce light leak
the top of the roof with all cardboard fastened with ziptie.
I really like the overall appearance of it for now!