Recent Posts

photoshop spreads + videos

Beverley

Tuesday, Mar 29, 2016 - 07:19:31 pm

@ beverley

I’ve finished putting together my physical process books, and my challenge for the last two weeks was thinking about how to present my OSS and video documentations. Opened up Read more →

Categories: Process
0 comments.

moving img + layers

Beverley

Tuesday, Mar 15, 2016 - 10:37:43 pm

@ beverley

Lately I keep thinking about how the installation will come together. Working a bit on each aspect of my project, I realised that they shouldn’t exist as separate outcomes. I wanted to see how I could fuse both digital and print together. I also hope I can set up my work early so that I can work in situ. I Read more →

Categories: Installation | Process
0 comments.

tactile approaches to net art and aesthetics

Beverley

Thursday, Mar 10, 2016 - 02:14:27 pm

@ beverley

One of the key things I want to explore through my visuals is to find the sweet spot between tactile art making and digital art. I’ve saved a collection of images to my Pinterest.

Throughout 2015, I was a little obsessed about finding a balance between making words and pictures. I feel that they have always been very Read more →

Categories: Research
0 comments.

Title pages

Lesley

Tuesday, Mar 08, 2016 - 06:32:42 pm

@ lesley's headspace

I had a good time doing these. I’ve been tinkering with my typography¬†for the moment and tightening up the different sections of the book. It’s easier for me to show more of the work on Friday, so till then.

Categories: Project
0 comments.

3D data visualisations

Beverley

Saturday, Mar 05, 2016 - 12:55:56 pm

@ beverley

Printed my blog archive yesterday. After looking at the first batch of blog rolls for a full year, I finally came up with a solution to improve it. I really like the material of transparency and I want to use it throughout my body of work. It ties in perfectly with my concept of digital art making and being online.

Previously Read more →

Categories: Installation | Process
0 comments.

revised outcomes

Beverley

Friday, Mar 04, 2016 - 11:18:31 am

@ beverley

Updated list of project outcomes:

Physical data visualisations of blog archive Map of growing up in the age of Internet (Timeline), to be mounted on installation wall FYP report (formal) FYP report (publication accompanying the artwork) Process journal

I’m in the process of clearing things that have already been finished, like the 3d data vis and my process journal. Just Read more →

Categories: Installation | Process
0 comments.

Work update

Lesley

Thursday, Mar 03, 2016 - 03:44:37 pm

@ lesley's headspace

First draft of my card backs. I haven’t finalized the design yet, so I might still make some changes. I’m looking towards removing the mountains behind the two hands and adding geometric elements instead (seems more suitable given the card back references I’ve been looking at on Pinterest. I don’t want the card back to be completely geometric but I Read more →

Categories: Project
Tags: cards | process
0 comments.

refreshed

Beverley

Monday, Feb 29, 2016 - 05:45:59 pm

@ beverley

I had a chance to visit a really inspiring designer last weekend. A short chat gave me a refreshed perspective on how I can improve my process journal, which I was working on last week. Some updated spreads of my process journal. I really like Read more →

Categories: Design | Process
0 comments.

betwixt festival 2016

Beverley

Sunday, Feb 28, 2016 - 10:30:11 pm

@ beverley

I was interested to see the Betwixt Festival at the Art Science Museum. I am unable to make it down to see the works (it was¬†a crazy week) but I went online to do more research on the works. I find it encouraging that there is increasing exposure to Read more →