DG9005 Presentation 2 – Home (Cover)

Hello everyone! I’m Caroline from Accelerando. Here’s my recording for Presentation 2. Thank you Albert for taking the video! 🙂

(U1423064K)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llxe-Yewrtk://

Personal Reflection:

First and foremost, I would like to express how grateful I am for this exposure of taking a singing class and singing on stage for the first time. Being comfortable to sing in front of people whom I am unfamiliar with outside of class is a huge change I see in myself now. Even though I know I must continue to work on my fear when performing on stage and develop a stronger sense of comfortability when singing in front of a crowd. I am thankful for all the encouragement, support and welfare from my group mates when I needed it the most. (_:

Many would agree that lessons were really fun and enriching. There was always something to takeaway after each session. Techniques that really stand out to me were the staccato exercises, which has really helped me with breath control. I find it fascinating to be able to identify and understand the different sounds we can make from our chest to headspace and also how shaping our mouths could make such a huge difference in our vocal. I have learnt how appropriate breathing is crucial in singing for good breath support, accurate pacing and pitch.

Regarding presentation 2, I’m aware that it could have been delivered better if I can simply eliminate my stage fright. However, while this fear needed a lot more time to overcome, I realized that applying better breath support on stage did help me to control my voice despite shaking frantically inside.

I explored and discovered my own voice plentifully through this Magic of Voice in the World of a Singer module and I definitely learnt a lot from my group mates over the weeks. Interest in music and singing aside, it took me lot of courage to take this module knowing what lies a head for me. However, I was more eager to overcome my stage fright and I am really glad to make it through all the way. Thank you prof Leona for your guidance. I have no regrets taking this awesome module as my elective! 🙂

11 comments for “DG9005 Presentation 2 – Home (Cover)