in Lines (Journal)

These are my monoprints which I didn’t use. I’m glad I experimented for quite a bit but kind of sad that I couldn’t use them because I didn’t feel like they conveyed quite what I wanted them to.

Monoprints using stencils  These were actually my first monoprints and I was super excited using stencils cause they make really clean lines and allow for greater control in the monoprinting process.

Scratching out ink using straw to make a pattern before monoprinting

I kind of liked the reductive process of scratching the negative parts out because it feels like drawing heheh, so I made these Van Gogh-like swirls.

Leafy Greens 

These are quite interesting because I feel like they come out different each time although all of it uses the same ‘mold’/ composition.OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Just playing with the roller HAHA in hindsight, maybe I should’ve put this one for “Nonsensical”.OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Using criss-crossed raffiaOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAI used the roller to ‘fake-monoprint’ some of these and that’s why there are white lines outside the raffia hahahOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA