in Ego (Journal)

(Ego) Initial drawings

An illustration style I was considering initially.

A drawing I did a while back on sheet of brown paper. It's meant to be a field guide, specifically a page on creatures that live around Volcanoes.

A drawing I did a while back on sheet of brown paper. It’s meant to be a field guide, specifically a page on creatures that live around Volcanoes.

The first planning sheet I did for mapping out what I wanted in my compositions. My original idea was to have a mythical creature for every square, but after consultation with Prof Ina I decided that it would be more interesting to come up with some of my own mythical creatures as well (and show a little more personal voice)

This was my second idea that the idea that I decided to go with. The idea behind this is a Curiosity shop that deals in the mythical. Some of the things I wrote here were edited later on after consideration.

I also decided to go with the traditional inking route instead of the digital medium that I wanted to use initially because I was still rather fond of the scratchy, field-guide look and I wanted to replicate it in a sort of ‘items list’ for the Curiosity shop.