Typography Sketch/Ideas

With the concept of make-belief aspirations, I tried playing with the idea of an osteologist, thus the bones.

image (12)

I went on google to find what were some of the typography that included bones. These are some of which that were interesting but were not to my liking. I wanted to have a crisp and clean image, one that is not too illustrative.

image (13)

I found one however, it still isn’t as what I would like as I figured the bones were still far too chunky, especially with the addition of the scapula. Thus, I decided to use the ‘regular’ ones instead because of it’s clean shape.

image (14)

So far, I’ve been using rather conventional methods to go about the drawing; charcoal, pen, white paper, chalk and acrylic has been used. I have yet to decide on what to use. I would want try to add lemon juice to emulate the idea of an x-rayed piece but it strays from the concept of an osteologist. Furthermore, using lemon juice wouldn’t give off the rough texture that I want. For now, I’m gravitating towards chalk and acrylic. Perhaps using both will allow a balance in soft and rough texture.

image (15)

Also, I also tried going about including my names in the skulls of animals. I have always deemed skulls of a living being one of the more fascinating parts since they are most of the time, different and unique.

The one to the left, the typography is included in the shadows. The one to the right, it is included in the nasal cavity. The latter probably wouldn’t be used since the typography isn’t as attention grabbing as the skull in itself.

image (16)

Playing around with the composition and I have yet to settle with any of them.

Author: Fits

No comment.

One thought on “Typography Sketch/Ideas”

1. Hello!
    enjoyed your posts very much!
    we might need to edit category naming to fit the one i posted a week ago..we can do it in class 🙂 as a group so that we are all on the same page. Looking forward to more of your works!