Final Prototype- Shapes:
Watch it work here (:
Using Idea #4- Using Wekinator to identify shapes drawn on the screen recognized by Zigsim. This information is then sent to Arduino to change the colors of the LED strip!
Sketching up gestural changes of a phone to control the lighting in a room. Group work done with Ho Qin Kai and Amanda Lee.
- Control the lights with your friends through a chatroom
- Send different messages to control the color (rgb, or color name)
- Send different messages to control the light form (spotlight, light wash, strobe, etc)
- Specific words trigger specific effects too!
- Shake your phone to change the lights
- For when you’re listening to music and jamming to the tempo/beats
- Color of the lights randomly change everytime your phone moves
- But how long each light holds depends on if you shake your phone or not#3-
- Change the saturation of the colored light with the height of the phone
- The higher it is from the ground, the more saturated the color; the lower the phone, the more washed out it is#4-
- Use your phone to draw out specific shapes or certain gestures to generate different lights!
- Presave the gestures and their resultant lights
- Eg: Drawing a star would fill the room with a twinkling yellow light
Amanda and I decided to work on ideas #1 and #3! However, I realized that I would first need to change our ideas slightly. Firstly for idea #1, I realized that typing is not a gesture oops, but we still want to keep the essence of changing the lights with the help of your friend. So instead of texts, the triggers for idea #1 will be phone taps on two separate devices. Tapping your finger at a specific area on one screen will change the saturation, and tapping a specific number of points on the other will change the color. However, my phone had some problems with touch controls on zigsim, so I was unable to do this as well… so I decided to do idea #4, which was the most concrete idea. Android phone doesnt work with wekinator so I had to borrow an Ipad to work with!
Concept: Draw shapes on your phone screen to change the color of the LED strip
File links here