Tourism in Singapore

Sketch #1

Sketch #1

Sketch #2

Final Piece
Tone: Shading of the different parts of the sketches
Line perspectives: The towers
Texture: The towers
Sentosa is a well known tourist attraction in Singapore, and also a place for locals to explore. This is highlighted in my work as a place that the tourists see, and focus on. The Far Far Away Castle that can be seen in the entrance to Sentosa is also a parallel to how Singapore is sometimes referred to as Disneyland, both clean and “ideal”. However, as to whether tourists see beyond that is unknown/unlikely.
I started with a rough sketch of the castles in proportion to the Sentosa logo. I wanted to show how that beyond the “perfect” tourist attractions that tourists visit, they are unable to see beyond what Singapore is as a nation and that there could a lot else going on behind the scenes, hence the borders. Then I decided to zoom in on the entrance to show how it is in focus. After, I added in more use of tone via shading and texture.

3 thoughts on “Tourism in Singapore

1. Hey FRIEND! I like how the word “Sentosa” stand out amidst the dreamy looking castles. Doesn’t it make you feel like you are entering from the real and “vivid” world of ours and INTO the land of dreams? It sure make me feel that way!

Good job! 😀 -thumbs up-