Journey // Lost Relationship with my Brother

This is just a small part of the “Journey” that i’m trying to show.

I actually started off really differently from what I’m actually working towards now. I honestly was quite lost when my initial idea was not accepted at first. But I received some suggestions of how to go about trying a new way of portraying my journey.

Sorry in advance for the poor quality and editing of the first draft video!

I kinda rushed through editing and rendering out the video a few weeks back! But that’s just the initial rejected idea.

(REMEMBER! This is just my initial idea which was rejected! Just showing the process!)

And now, this below is the new concept of still images that i’m trying for my Journey video! Just another rough draft also.

8 comments

1. i really like the shot with the burning of the picture. if you look carefully, as the paper folds with the flame engulfing it, the blackened paper actually covers the boys face, maybe some chance of symbolism there? mightve been unintentional but i really like that bit!!

2. Hey Eugene!

WOW much burning there haha oh dear I hope that’s not the only copy you have of that picture.
    I like the way the second video flows, with the narration and the additional sound effects it felt quite complete! I love the running sequence where the gap got bigger and bigger! But at 0:50 (the photo where you were half getting up). felt a little too fast (haha I think I expected you to stay in the ‘I just fell’ pose for a little while longer before moving on to the half getting up pose, so there would be more emotional impact). Will be waiting for updates heheh

3. I really like the sound effects! I do think you can try some first person shots for this to make it seem more personal? Like maybe a mixture of both.

Also it’d be quite interesting to put the burning of the picture part into your current mix of photos. It could stay as a video overlaid over the photos or could be screenshots? Thought that it would be a waste of an emotional scene if you let it go haha

lastly………….

that accent tho

4. that accent tho hahahah

but anyway, I really like your script and the sound effects too! it really allows the viewers to relate and feel for the characters

5. Ooooh Eugene I can really feel the emotion! The stills from your second video are great! They go together with the sound effects and narration really well:D
    I agree with Wu You- maybe try some first person shots of your brother running away from your position on the ground when you fell? That would make it portray him getting further and further away while you’re left behind in a more dramatic way! 🙂

6. Love your improved version! It feels a lot more serious and the sound and narration is wonderful. I love how seriously you’re taking it and saying all your lines with emotion and all. Like the others mentioned, do keep the picture burning scene somehow. Or perhaps it might jar now that it’s no longer vids. Or maybe you could take stills from that clip because it was wonderful. The distance getting larger between your brother and you was nicely done. Carry on—

7. I can feel it too!! HEHE I love the narration and the sound effects for the second one. I think overlay the burning scene with the sigh and “not anymore” part will make that part even stronger (it’s already very strong). 🙂