Micro-Project 07: What Were the Clouds Like?

Password: oss

My video is inspired by the following music Fluffy Clouds by The Orb. It’s a chill-out music with electronic twist to it.

NA_01
I search for both cloud and sky and upon playing I switch between the both results. 

NA_02
When the video is playing, I arbitrarily adjust the brightness, contrast and saturation.
NA_03
Same goes for the sound. I increase and decrease the pitch to get different effects.

NA_04
I
 am using a PC so I had problems recording the video as a separate file so I use a 3rd party software CamStudio to record it instead.

Software issues are expected for glitch and internet art. Despite having problems working with Max (due to it being made for Mac), I am able to solve it using the PC method. Encountering unexpected issues are all part of the experience.

One thought on “Micro-Project 07: What Were the Clouds Like?”

1. It’s like pointing the search mechanism to the sky! Excellent. Glad that you were able to resolve the recording issue by using third party software. In regard to the Orb’s Fluffy Little Clouds (a favorite of mine), I wonder if you might say that there are other characteristics that are similar in terms of rhythm, repetition, and the static quality of the sound. Good work with the documentation: I can see it is becoming like second nature to capture not only the results of a project, but it’s process. This is very important. Hope you are doing this with your FYP!