Research 2 – Painteffects

Handsome guys are colourful but it’s definitely flowers over boys for MAN… MAN!!! omg!! (pls ignore me)

After consulting with Ina on Monday, I have decided to explore further into flowers and how i can incorporate it into my topic. With that, I have decided to play around with Maya Painteffects

And then I FORGOT TO SAVE and now i have to redo ;_;

Aside from that, she also introduced me to Jennifer Steinkamp, an animation artist who makes use of Maya Painteffects to do her installations. She is very famous and has experimented with various items in Painteffects such as plants and paint (oil and acrylic)

1. Daisy Bell

These were made by varying a few values (such as wind speed or type of wind, as well as the appearance of the flowers (petal colours, no. of petals etc)

screen-shot-2017-02-13-at-5-01-30-pm2. Loop

Made with paint fluids or fibre brush, drawn into a loop with an addition of a little turbulence. to make it have a ‘vine’ feel.

Author: insertacat

god damn it why am i doing this again? every year my info keeps changing im so done

2 thoughts on “Research 2 – Painteffects”

1. This always is exciting to see..please include YEARS of the the installations- as i think this was done more than 15 years ago? I am not sure if she did use Paint effects or this was programmed early on- but maya came out with Paint Effects around that time.. I left book of her work in front of my office Floor 4-32 🙂 to see details of those flowers

1. hi Ina,

Thanks for the feedback :). Also I took the book from office 4-32 already (haha this was the only way i could communicate for now) Thanks for the info! I will read the book and study it 🙂