week 9

(paiseh i was typing this at 3am so there might be like a slight passive-aggressive tone as i was dead tired already, spare me please so those who read this before i edit im really sorry hah)

SO! I shall continue my post here!

Also I know i am spamming the OSS feed and i am terribly sorry, I make sure to try to post every week if not I will forget that this existed lol and not make any progress at all

Look at Steinkamp’s piece, she uses a same type of flower but different colours. She was my main reference, that’s why I kept talking about her.

However, I could not just copy her entire concept whole sale as there are some difficulties as stated in the previous post. I would need to have my own ideas and twist as well.

plans

Taking into account 3d spaces, depth and perspective, my slightly new direction would be to consistently use a same type of  1-2 flower for my work with different colours while maintaining the 3D space. My only animation would be in Maya with the camera as it goes on an adventure along the flowers.

It is really messy in the software, it looks nicer when rendered… I think

I plan to play around with turbulence values on week 10-11 once my concert is over and I have more time to do my work. Right now, my main focus is to arrange the flowers properly, as well as get my camera right. The colours are important as well.

reflection

This was a still caught on Maya. I had initially also PLANNED to place 2 different types of flowers in different layers so the flowers keep changing as the camera progresses. (e.g 1st layer sunflower and rose , 2nd layer daffodil and daisy etc etc)

But the render preview was not up to my expectations yet so I removed it, and stuck to using 2 flowers (flowerlarge and daffodils as I can play around with the petals and the effects was really pretty!) In this picture, the layers with the dandelions and daisies looked really pleasing, after taking a step back, so I intend to continue in this direction.

screenshots

i mainly used flowertallRed and dandelionYellow. You can also make burgers from painteffects. Yes i am serious.
This will allow my flowers to grow, after consulting several online tutorials. However, I am unable to control the time each flower in a BUNCH grows and I could only manipulate the time when a BUNCH of flowers grow together. I might not be using this in the end. There is also turbulence on top where u can create wind
This is how u manipulate flowers in Maya
So far, I have only played with petal colours.

ALSO MY GOOGLE DRIVE TITLE WAS LIKE a random title I came up with in a few minutes and i was hoping i could change the title…. :(.. I would like to edit my description as well??? Though the description was indeed the gist of my work.

Author: insertacat

god damn it why am i doing this again? every year my info keeps changing im so done