FOUNDATION 4D // DN1004 // MANIPULATED FOUND OBJECT // ENTRY 2
You can find the final product here!
See the first entry of my process here!
- Black plastic wide toothed comb (teeth span 3.5 inches)
- Steak knife: Black plastic handle (3.5 inches), sharper stainless steel blade
Evaluation: The teeth of the comb will be attached to the handle of the knife, thus having a cohesive material – black plastic – will have the work appear more “found” and as if existing in regular life. Achieving this casual “realness” aims to have viewers really consider how grooming and other actions in our daily lives have consequences as a result of wanting to achieve a level of beauty or attractiveness.
- Saw off unnecessary parts of comb and measure against knife handle
- Mark start and end of indentation on knife handle and file it down
- Use black hot glue to attach both components.
Watch: Timelapse of me filing down knife handle to fit the strip of comb teeth