Work in progress (Journey)

Work in progress.

This is my journey of all the different angles to look at NTU. Tried to explore the semiotics linking one clip to another. Main connections are:

1. Location’s time of day.
  2. Sounds
  3. Object of similar elements

Developing another idea. Will have to do many more shoots. Hopefully i make it in time.

Do advise on the ways in which I can do better connections. Probably which transitions were smoother and which were not.

Anyways here is the video:

Thank you for your time.

Have a nice day.

KJ

3 comments

1. Hello Kuang Jun!
    The idea is really nice and your shots were taken FABULOUSLY- especially the first part because you almost always got the exact same position for the transition between your day-night shots (HOW D:). Also I could hear you blowing on that poor moth to get it to move (SHAME)
    The transition to the similar elements bit was a little abrupt though! Because I wouldn’t have realised it without reading your explanation before watching the video- and even though I did read it, I was still confused for a few seconds.
    I actually really liked the blurry shot of the lamp that suddenly refocused- but the refocusing was a bit abrupt and maybe you could slow it down a bit to give it a bit more of a languid energy?
    But it’s really cool and I’m psyched to see the whole thing:D

2. yo kj! i really like how you transition through he shots, especially the start with the bus, sets the tone for the film. i like the bokeh shot of the lamp post light too! the one where you unfocus on the light then focus it back again. very well done, maybe do more of those shots if you can!

3. Hey, really lovely transitions! Are you gonna leave the background sounds? They have a very nice effect =) How are you gonna make the journey clear though, cuz right now I wouldn’t know your exact intentions or the significance of choosing NTU unless I read the description. Otherwise, good shots and carry on!