2D Assignment One Research Part II

Hi everyone its me =) To start off, just wanna wish everyone a Happy Chinese New Year! Gong Xi Fa Cai~

First of all, after consulting our prof last week regarding my research, I start to realised how each and every style is important in reflecting what kind of a person I am. The reasons behind using this style and the thought process behind it. Hence, I went on to do more explorations and reorganising my thoughts.

These are my new chosen attributes:

Hello my name is “…..” and

1. I am a Chinese
  2. I am a Aries mixed Taurus
  3. I am a Outdoor/Adventurous person
  4. I am a Spontaneous and Openness to Experience person
  5. I am a Dreamer

Chosen Medium:

I am going for a minimalist and symbolic approach. Ink on water somehow, reminds me subconsciously of who I am and always be myself when the ink was revealed on the water.

1. Using Chinese Calligraphy, as i believed it’s a set of skills and techniques for positioning and inscribing words so they show harmony ( forming a pleasing and consistent whole )  and rhythm to the artwork. After all, people can relate how Calligraphy relates to us Chinese.
  2. Using Water and Ink Art. My friend once told me that I am like a water person which means I am a flexible, strong and a carefree person. Speaking of water, I wanna share with you all a quote by Bruce Lee: “Be like water” so art is very similar to water, theres no restrictions, no shape and we need to be open and flow with the circumstances and respond to it accordingly.

More details:

1)

• Yes, my nationality is Chinese and my name defines who i am and my identity as a person.
  • Using my Surname Ho (  ) as the main focus by drawing it using Calligraphy and using Water and Ink as the backdrop with a Horse (Zodiac) image.

2)

• Born in the middle of April 20th. I am a mixed Aries and Taurus. I guessed to me its really rare and unique to have 2 horoscope and hence i will list it as part of my traits.
  • Using the combination of Chinese character of ( 牛 and 羊 ) as the main focus. Backdrop will be a horoscope logo.

3)

• I love the outdoors, I enjoy adventures and taking on new challenges. Since young, I always hate being kept at home and hopefully when I get older, I will get to travel around the world.
  • Using the Chinese character (  ) which means outdoors as the main focus. Backdrop will be hills and trees.

4)

• I love trying out and exploring new stuff, as it excites me and gives me a sense of achievement when its done.
  • Using the word (  ) which mean new, as the main focus. Backdrop will be feathers or birds

5)

• I am a dreamer, I am someone who don’t give up easily. That’s me since young.
  • Using the Chinese Character (  ) which means Dream as the main focus. Backdrop will be a dream catcher.

Process:

1. Chinese Calligraphy

20160204_082441

1. Ink And Water Art

20160204_095359