Before we finalised our designs for printing, I got to try printing with silkscreen on tote bags. I learned how to prepare the screen from the printed transparency of the design, expose them to get the stencil. This process was new experience and I finally understood how the artists used silk-screening for their works.
Before I printed on the tote bag, the test prints were done on paper first to make sure that the prints came out nicely. The class experienced problems of the prints not coming out properly the week before this so I made sure that the screen was dry and the prints came out as it is.
The pictures above shows the test prints and the final print on the tote bag. I prefer the print on the paper compared to the bag. I think the bag was kind of a failure but I learned what kind of designs work better on silk screen from this process.
This is the update of the final designs. I came up with total of 5 designs.