All the King’s horses and all the King’s men [Made it to the end]

[FINAL LAYOUT]

All the King’s horses and all the King’s men

Screen Shot 2015-10-24 at 1.28.46 am

Deriving from the RHYME: All the King’s horses and all the King’s men

I decided to chose this RHYME: All the King’s horses and all the King’s men specifically as it gives me the power of strength and power of full details… I DECIDED TO GO AROUND THIS RHYME WITH DIFFERENT COMPOSITION.

This concept showcases the transition of the Western and Asian culture. What if Humpty Dumpty was converted into Chinese context? I ask myself this question as a starting ground for this project. I don’t really have a specific theme that i want to portray to my concept ,as a whole I want to portray a story about the power and intricacy of the Chinese culture without missing the western culture in it. The use of balance, contrast, composition,rhythm,… which the hand out Professor Ina gave us, I played with the different format, giving all my layout a different feel, look and also different intricacy surrounding it.

“Haute Couture”, I love the way they composite the fine details in the fashion world, so in the details of all the composition, I took into consideration for my planning, dressing each composition differently, giving it a luxury feel towards the end.

*All my works are THRESHOLD as I was so obsessed with the MONOPRINTING technique, making my work very hands on**

Processed with VSCOcam with p5 preset

Processed with VSCOcam with g3 preset

This marks the end of Assignment 2. It was a learning experience for me. Composition, balance, contrast… it gave me an idea on playing around with shapes and moving images around to create a composition that tells a story. I enjoy this assignment as a whole, giving me the opportunity to go all out with details and also showcasing my personality in the technique i use. YAY to the end of the project. ALL KING’S HORSES AND ALL KING’S MEN MADE IT TO THE END

1 comment

1. more is better in this case! the only thing i wish we could transform adm into high ceiling / well lit old European style architecture building to install these works…and hope we have brought some light to our hidden dark poorly lit fire exit gray walls in foundation!