Ideation towards the Final

[Inspiration Ideation]

Inspired by the Chinese Oriental Days from the past, I visited the Chinese temple in Singapore to gain inspiration on how the culture is. I was greatly drawn to how majestic and how grand the Chinese atmosphere is. Drawn way back to the past, the Chinese inking and woodblock printing is a technique which people used during the days. This was my initial ideation.Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 9.13.36 PM Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 9.13.24 PMUsing the mono-printing technique to create the woodblock inking technique of the oriental look.

Going into what I will be focusing. The oriental look which I drew inspiration from:

[Inspired by the rich Chinese culture and its many traditions and belief influenced by Chinese artistic creativity ]

I decided to infuse both the Chinese culture into the modern context by playing with watercolour technique, digital work to showcase the infusing of the mix Chinese culture. I included auspicious items of the Chinese culture. (Usually,/most of their artworks go in one direction only/ they go either anti-clockwise or clockwise direction but in a circular form)

Idea 1:

I plan on having a cover layout which opens the door to the artwork. (As the importance of the Chinese culture includes the dragon and the lion, I am trying to create a narrative to each of the artwork.)- each artwork is consistent but the graphic form is different in each composition. Sounds will be added to emphasise the different mood I want to portray.

Mainly the technique which I will be using will be water colour, digital illustration. I am also planning on the animation part to see which parts should be animated.

I’ll include my sketches in the next post~~