// Hello, World!
After the previous consultation with Cheryl, I saw the amount of improvement I needed to make to my 3D Model. My allocated theme was HALF and hence, my main idea revolving the final product lies in the ability to create an interesting structure that resonates with the concept of a 50-50% ratio.
This is how my model looks like after further improvisations:
// Materials I used to make my 3D Structure:
- Terracotta Clay (earthenware, clay-based ceramic)
- A piece of white Acrylic Plastic
- Metallic Strip
- Acrylic Paint (Dominant)
// The Process:
// My Rationale behind the ensemble:
Uses of my Model:
- An Architecture that showcases the idea of ‘Half’
- A Binocular that enables the lovers of nature to take a closer peek at far away objects
- An old school lomo Camera
Terracotta clay, in my opinion, is an ideal replica in replacement of a stone or brick (which is almost too difficult to reshape). It provides me ample amount of time to mold the clay into a structure I deem fit. On top of that, the natural color from the clay adds on to the overall aesthetic of a ceramic stone texture, making the viewing experience more realistic. Just like the structure of a building which is made of hard concrete, Terracotta clay would replicate a similar effect.
After another consultation on Thursday, I brought home my model for further improvisation on the width of the Sub-Dominant. Yup, got it trimmed into half after a lot of sawing and sanding! On top of that, I wanted to have a monochromatic color scheme to my model, hence, I painted matt black acrylic paint over the Dominant, Glossy white acrylic for the Sub-Dominant, and Shiny reflective metal piece for the Sub-Ordinate. This would balance out their overall aesthetic, starting with the biggest piece being the dullest, and the smallest most inconspicuous piece being the most attention seeking.
// Reflection for Pandora:
These few lessons were admittedly insightful. I attempted to toggle with several differences in terms of the length and width of my 3D Foam Model. I learned that every centimeter could potentially result in a shift of D to SD/SD to SO.
With that, I grew a sensitive eye to better distinguish how the size and position relative to its view point could potentially change the game plan.
Thanks for reading.