Tag Archives: 3D Structure

Jumanji Ready – Prototype 1 Process

Hello everyone!

This will be a documentation of my pre-rattan bag brainstorming process. This is made to test out the length I could go to weave the structure together in place.

First, a wire model is made so that it acts as a “skeleton” to my bag construction. Then, a string is threaded throughout the circumference. In order to weave in a convenient manner, I had to tie the prototype up to a string and have it attach in midair to that I could interlace in and out quickly and easily.

In this picture, you see a knotted out which acts as the base of the bag.

The in and out weaving method:

Finishing up with the stringing process:



The end product of Prototype 1:

Made entirely with wires and brown strings/paper to satisfy the whole neutral aesthetic of the bag.


Click here to view the final prototype.

See you in part 2! Ciaos!

Gaia’s 生け花 – Research



Hello, World.

Winter to me is a symbolic representation of Cold with Christmas vibe creeping in. This holiday is also known as the festival of light. It is the coldest season of the year and the season that comes after autumn. The colours representing winter would be Blue, White and Grey.  I would associate minimalist and zen-ness to an Ikebana ensemble.

// How do trees look like under such harsh climate? 





// How my Branch looks like:

This is the chosen branch because it looks really unique! By unique, I mean how the colour of the brown is not overly dark, and yet it brings about the feeling of a barren tree during winter. Unlike other branches/twigs, this one has a nice structure to it. Even the twig has tiny “holes” which adds on to its perk. This is the little perfect branch that will represent my Ikebana!


// Some Research on Winter themed Ikebana ensemble:


// Some core characteristics that ties in with Winter:

  • Branches are BARE
  • Fallen Snow
  • Zen, Clean ensemble
  • Almost White-Out


// Mindmap & Ideation


// My Color Scheme (Neutral, cool hues)



//Winter Moodboard:



// Guide to Ikebana-ing (Note to self)



Alright! Time for development.


Pandora: The Eventual Outcome

// Hello, World!

After the previous consultation with Cheryl, I saw the amount of improvement I needed to make to my 3D Model. My allocated theme was HALF and hence, my main idea revolving the final product lies in the ability to create an interesting structure that resonates with the concept of a 50-50% ratio.

This is how my model looks like after further improvisations:

Actual Structure:


// Materials I used to make my 3D Structure:

  • Terracotta Clay (earthenware, clay-based ceramic)
  • A piece of white Acrylic Plastic
  • Metallic Strip
  • Acrylic Paint (Dominant)


// The Process:


// My Rationale behind the ensemble:

Uses of my Model:

  1. An Architecture that showcases the idea of ‘Half’
  2. A Binocular that enables the lovers of nature to take a closer peek at far away objects
  3. An old school lomo Camera

Terracotta clay, in my opinion, is an ideal replica in replacement of a stone or brick (which is almost too difficult to reshape).  It provides me ample amount of time to mold the clay into a structure I deem fit. On top of that, the natural color from the clay adds on to the overall aesthetic of a ceramic stone texture, making the viewing experience more realistic. Just like the structure of a building which is made of hard concrete, Terracotta clay would replicate a similar effect.

After another consultation on Thursday, I brought home my model for further improvisation on the width of the Sub-Dominant. Yup, got it trimmed into half after a lot of sawing and sanding! On top of that, I wanted to have a monochromatic color scheme to my model, hence, I painted matt black acrylic paint over the Dominant, Glossy white acrylic for the Sub-Dominant, and Shiny reflective metal piece for the Sub-Ordinate. This would balance out their overall aesthetic, starting with the biggest piece being the dullest, and the smallest most inconspicuous piece being the most attention seeking.


// Reflection for Pandora:

These few lessons were admittedly insightful. I attempted to toggle with several differences in terms of the length and width of my 3D Foam Model. I learned that every centimeter could potentially result in a shift of D to SD/SD to SO.

With that, I grew a sensitive eye to better distinguish how the size and position relative to its view point could potentially change the game plan.


Thanks for reading.