Project Update 2

Character Sketch

She is a seer in the darkness of a dystopic virtual world, haunted by strange, disorienting sounds when people touch. Tiffany has a desire to lead her fellow beings in the colony into a safer third space to find new life and refuge with Angeline.  She boldly engages the colony in the discovery of new forms of images that are constructed through the rejection of “perfect media,” as a new world begins to take shape in the third space.

Modified sketch (of costume)

I developed this sketch based on the character of a seer. The top is more structured and rigid to suggest a sense of power in Seeri’s leadership of the colony. The skirt is more flowing to contrast with the top.

initial idea for boning using ribbon first.
front boning details
front boning details
Back detail
Back detail
Experimenting with actual boning
Experimenting with actual boning

Movement Workshop

During the Skype consultation with Angeline, we thought of movements and what they mean to us. From there, we came up with a choreography based on the word “freedom”. Perhaps in relation to the character sketch, the seer has the duty of leading the colony to the the safe sanctuary of the third space. It is their place of freedom. Therefore, most of my movements are very sinuous to convey the idea of not being confined.

Consultation with Angeline
Consultation with Angeline

Start-stop voice-over

One part of my choreography is the start -stop voice over where I am on the floor, tucking and untucking my legs. It was interesting to note how my movements did not correspond the command of the word ‘start’ and ‘stop’ as I moved when I said ‘stop’ and kept still when I said ‘start’.

starting movement off-screen to create tension

Electronics Testing

Screenshot 2016-03-22 18.53.35 Screenshot 2016-03-22 18.53.48

Colour testing: Pink lights
Colour testing: Pink lights
LED strip on the front hem
LED strip on the front hem
skirt with inverted led strip
skirt with inverted LED strip to be more glowing than bright

Actual Rehearsal (24-3-2016)

Solo

m&p10 m&p9 m&p11 m&p13

28

Group

32

34