Project 2 – Point of view | RII

Hi, here are some quick updates after Monday’s sharing session! 🙂

Came across this “short film following behind the back of a paranoid, neurotic man named Terry as he wanders through the streets of Manhattan. Past memories and his irrational inner thoughts soon plague his every move. By channeling a form of mental time travel, he attempts to overcome these past anxieties.” It’s interesting how this was filmed from a third person perspective, which really does incite a feeling of paranoia. The inner thoughts of this individual was also well executed as it makes me feels like I’m a part of his inner world. 

Lastly, here are suggestions suggested during class on Monday’s sharing discussion,

(1) Consider what kind of fear you would like to convey, irrational fears or rational fears?

(2) The choice of medium used as it plays an important role to instill fear. For instance, color pencil might not convey this feelings of fear as effectively as water color etc.

(3) Consider playing with perspective? For instance, frying an egg, you might like to include the audience into the scenario by doing it in a first person point of view. This might actually instill some fear in the audience as they might think that they are actually in that scene!

(4) Consider the choice of paper and its gsm. A lower gsm paper might instill a different kind of fear,maybe? – Painting on toilet paper and making sure it doesn’t tear might portray a certain fear?

(5) Consider using photos to convey fear? or through exaggeration?

In the meantime, I’ve decided to look into irrational fear which is also known as phobia, which encompasses social phobias and other specific phobias of specific objects/environment. Now, back to sorting out some thoughts and thinking what I can proceed on from here.  🙂

Author: Fiona Lim

"Deep in the meadow, under the willow..."