I realised that my Research 01 was not enough to fuel me with ideas and theory to execute what I wanted to do.
Thus I furthered my research from traditional artists into digital painting.
Considerations for digital painting:
- Thought process: composition sketches
- Making use of theory
- Texture and brush work
Tutorials provided by Prof Erwin:
Tutorials I went to google:
- Consider focal point. Avoid perfect symmetry (unless intended)
- Consider the story before proceeding. Story telling.
- Technical Approach: monochromatic approach 1st to focus on shapes, composition and construct the image.
- DO NOT dig into details. Do not get carried away by details!! Focus on big picture.
- Good references are important
- Imagine how it feels like to be in the space. Tempature etc.
- Apply dominant colour. About 2/3 of image should have similar colour range. (colour balance and harmony)
- Keep track of the entire image and re-evaluate the big picture
- Lead the viewer’s eye. Watch your flow and tangent.
Value and Colour contrasts help to guide the eye as well.
Examples of Process: