Continuation of costume design
Testing out the boning on the mannequin with Gladys’s dress. Interestingly, the boning complements her costume rather well.
Exploring different possible designs. Black tape was first used to secure the joints together.
Final design of boning with skirt. After determining the design, I sewed the joints together to make it more sturdy and seamless.
Next, the light strip had to be sewn to the hem of the skirt. Wires were then soldered to the lilypad and range sensor.
Also, a hole had to be made to insert the range sensor on the skirt. I decided to place it in the middle of the skirt’s waistband.
Randall also created sound pieces for all of us to dance to. Mine consists of very haunting and eerie sounds. I find that this sound piece helped when doing my choreography as initially I found it a bit of a challenge to dance without music.