MY NAME IS ZHOU YANG AND I AM A FACTORY CHIMNEY.
The first 2D typography is about building factory chimney structure to convey the seriousness of industrial pollution.
Industrial pollution affects the environment in many areas. It infects water sources, diminishes soil quality and discharges harmful substances into the atmosphere. Throughout history, many environmental mishaps were caused by industrial disasters. Some of the accidents are so serious that they are still causing harm to the environment.
Below are some information on the causes and effects industrial pollution has on the environment.
Causes of Industrial Pollution
1. The lack of pollution controlling policies: There is a serve lack of effective policies and poor financial and authoritative backings which gave plenty industrial institutions to ignore laws passed down by the environmental board. This would lead to uncontrollable pollutions that affected the lives of millions of ordinary people.
2. The lack of planning in industrial growth: In many industrial estates, companies neglected the rules and regulations set by the environmental board which lead to different forms of pollutions that caused serious environmental consequences.
3. The lack of vision to use up to date technologies: Many industries still use outdated technologies that produce a massive amount of unwanted waste. To ward off high expenditure, many companies continue to use outmoded methods to produce state-of-the-art merchandises.
4. The massive number of small scale industrial institutions: Hugh number of small scale industrial institutions do not have sufficient funding and require government funding to keep their businesses running are often overlook by environmental rules and regulations. This results in a massive amount of waste release into the environment without any authoritative control.
5. The lack of efficiency in waste disposal: pollution usually happened because there is a lack of efficiency in disposing of waste. Exposing to pollution over an extensive period of time will lead to many irreversible health problems.
6. Hugh consumption of natural resources: Companies need an extensive supply of raw materials in their production process. This requires a lot of minerals to be extracted. The extraction process will cause many environmental issues.
Effects of Industrial Pollution
1. Water Pollution: Many of the industrial plants require a massive volume of water for their production process. During the process, the water will come into contact with toxic substances. When the water tainted with such toxic substances are released into the water bodies, it will cause long term damage to the eco-system.
2. Soil Pollution: It is inflicting serious damages to the agricultural sector and causing harm to local vegetation. People that are in contact with such soil over a long period of time will also develope health issues.
3. Air Pollution: It causes a sharp rise in various respiratory illnesses. It is a serious issue that affects us on a daily basis. With the rise in the number of active industrial estates, air pollution will be a persistence problem on the environment and people.
4. Wildlife Extinction: Natural rhythms and patterns are affected by industrial pollution which in turn causes severe damage to wildlife. Wildlife lost their home as their habitats are being destroyed. It becomes harder for the environment to recover from natural mishaps. Industrial accidents such as factory fire and oil spills also cause great environmental impact in a short period of time.
5. Global Warming: Industrial pollution has been a crucial factor in the sharp rise of global warming. Greenhouse gases released by factories go into the atmosphere and damaging it. It leads to the melting of glaciers in both poles which will, in turn, causes serious environmental consequences.
MY NAME IS ZHOU YANG AND I AM MELTED ICE.
The seriousness of global warming is the second message I want to send out through my second typography design.
Cause of global warming
The rise in temperature over the last half-century has been due to the increased concentrations of greenhouse gas in the atmosphere. Greenhouse gases are the gases that lead to the greenhouse effect.
The greenhouse effect
Sunlight is absorbed when reaches the Earth and maintain the earth’s temperature to make it suitable for living. While most of the remaining sunlight travelled back to the atmosphere, some of the longer wavelengths are absorbed by greenhouse gases in the atmosphere before they are lost into space. This process warms the atmosphere. It helps to reflect back some of the heat energy that would otherwise lose into space. This process is called the “greenhouse effect”.
Global warming causes by greenhouse effect
The increased in the concentration of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere leads to more heat energy being reflected back to Earth. It leads to consequential warming of the earth which resulted in global warming.
Effects of global warming
The two major effects caused by global warming:
1. Increase in temperature by 3° to 5° C (5.4° to 9° Fahrenheit) by the year 2100.
2. The sea levels will rise by at least 25 metres (82 feet) by 2100.
Other Effects of global warming
Global warming leads to the change in the amounts and patterns of precipitation. It leads to the increase in regularity, span, and magnitude of extreme weather events, such as the hurricane, floods and droughts. It also causes many other global issues such as the reappearance of diseases such as malaria in areas where they have been doused.
MY NAME IS ZHOU YANG AND I AM CRACKED LAND.
My third message is about the damaging effects of deforestation.
Reasons for deforestation
1. Clearing of land for urban development
2. Cutting down of tree to provide raw material for production of commercial products such as paper and furniture
3. To produce luxury consumer goods such as palm oil
4. To make room for keeping cattle
Methods for deforestation
Burning of trees and clear cutting are conventional ways of clearing an area of the forest for industrial development.
Clear cutting: The removal of a large number of trees from an area all at once. It causes serious damage to the eco-system as many wildlife are left without a home and its environmental effects will last for over an extensive period of time.
Burning can be completed swiftly over a massive plot of land. Another more traditional method will be the slash-and-burn technique which involves cutting down patches of trees, burning them and cultivating crops over them. When the land is no longer fertile, the farmers will move to new plots of land and repeat the same process.
Effects of deforestation
The forest is a crucial environmental element that affects every living thing on the planet. When the forest is being dramatically changed, it will set off a series of damaging chain reaction to the world.
Loss of species: About seventy percent of world’s wildlife live in forests and are losing their habitats due to deforestation. It will lead to massive species extinction, damaging the eco-system. Medical research and locals will also be affected as they depend on the wildlife for various purposes.
Water cycle: Tree is crucial in the water cycle. They absorb water during rainfall period and produce water vapour which is released into the water cycle. Trees also help to keep the water bodies clean by preventing polluted runoff.
Soil erosion: Tre roots keep the soil together. Without the support of trees, the soil will be easily washed or blow off. It will cause serious consequences to the agricultural sector as the crop growth will be troubled.
Global Warming: The cutting down of trees will lead to an increased of greenhouse gases. Greenhouse gases contribute to the rising of the earth temperature will lead to global warming. Global warming will lead to many environmental consequences such as rising of sea levels and the loss of species due to the unfavourable environment.
MY NAME IS ZHOU YANG AND I AM LANDFILL.
My last message deals with the consequence of overconsumption.
It is a situation whereby the usage of natural resources overwhelmed the pace that the environment can replace. Over time, it will lead to the downgrading of environmental spaces and causing irreversible damage.
Overconsumption is closely tied with the problem of overpopulation. With the population growing at a frightening rate, raw materials are consumed at an unhealthy level.
Overconsumption will reduce the earth’s carrying capacity. In the long run, the ecological health of earth will be seriously affected. The natural resources on earth will be depleted to a point that it will take centuries for them to recover or never at all.
In the end, all these issues can lead to unavoidable confrontations over declining natural resources.
The most practical solution to overconsumption is to slow down the consumption rate of natural resources. However, it will lead to a negative effect on the economic growth of countries. Therefore, countries invest in alternative methods such as renewable energy and recycling technologies to smoothen the negative effects of the decrease in the usage of raw material for commercial production. Movements and lifestyle changes related to overconsumption such as green economics, freeganism and downshifting are necessary in order for reforms to take place.