Felting is a love hate relationship.

Things you need:

1. Felt (the shredded ones)
  2. Felting needles
  3. Stylofoam
  4. Hot water

How to do it:

1. Wash the felt in hot water and soap.
  2. Massage the felt and blend the colours together. You can choose to add a bit more felt if you want.
  3. You can fold the felt to make forms at this point if you want.

I hate felting.

But the results is tooooo good for me to pass. During class, I just tried to make simple things like a ball and a tried to make a felt cloth thing.

This was the few samples Prof Galina showed us.

5 6
grr2

Basically, hot water + soap + 5000 hrs of rubbing the felt together = amazeballs felt balls

7

One thing I learnt is that you really need the patience and effort to make what you want to make. My plans for this technique in my final project is for me to felt a hat/scarf and attach bells to it. I will be starting to work on this during my recess week cause a hat might be difficult.

ok UPDATE:

I made this felting thingy thats like a chopstick holder because I thought chopstick holders are cool and unnecessary? 

I then experimented with making clothes, I tried to create textures by using marbles to weigh it down during the drying process.

I made this during class, during the ball making competition. Was thinking of making more eyeballs to make it into a headband or a brooch collection.

Yucky egg 🙂 

Here’s me working in a piece of cloth for a pouch. The design was inspired by Yayoi Kusama, the main inspiration for my final products. The circles gives off an eclectic monster vibe which is something I am realllyyyy digging. If I haven’t mention it enough Monsters is my theme 🙂

Final Sample:

Author: Diane Lim

ADM | 21 | @common_err (Instagram)