Technical Test Round 1
The first round of cross stream broadcast we had in class last week was quite a disaster. Although the Facebook live streaming from the phone worked well, the one that was cross streaming on the laptop was incredibly lagging.
Tiffany and I conducted a technical test before the actual broadcasting and situated our ‘base’ in the library. I was the first one to started out live using my phone while Tiffany stayed in the library. We had slight issues in the beginning while trying to get Tiffany’s streaming to work. After resolving, I tried walking around and had no problem on my side.
Technical Test Round 2
When I returned, we realised that Tiffany forgot to click on the ‘Go Live’ button! So we conducted another short test within the library itself.
For this session, we noticed that there was about a minute of delay in the beginning on the laptop’s side and figured out that the one on the mobile should go live first for a minute to settle the lagging down. After a minute, the one on the laptop can broadcast next.
Technical Test Round 3
Final session, it was my turn to test on my laptop. There was a slight lagging in the beginning but everything went well afterwards. The audio worked pretty good as well.