So, for the Zine final project, we were asked to find 5 zines as references. I get them by browsing through many websites and the five I like are taken from Behance, the source link is linked to the title of each zine.
- Zine Risografia E Serigrafia
From this zine, I like the idea of two analogous colors being combined together. Not necessarily having same proportion in every page and not necessarily one being more dominant either.
- An Experiment in Risograph
From this zine, the idea of risograph attracts me, maybe it is the analogous color combination also. But from here, I learnt and researched more on the effect of overprint. And I hope I could implement this effect in my zine.
- The Art of the DJ Zine
This zine inspired me to convert real photo into the illustration kind. I planned to do this by editing the photo in Photoshop then using the ‘image trace’ function in Adobe Illustrator.
The complementary colors of this zine really catch my eyes and I love how it gives me the feeling of strength yet sweet..? I sampled my zine theme color from this zine.
- Crime Zine
For the proportion of my mainly 2 complementary colors, I decided to follow this zine. It looks balanced yet actually each spread has one more dominating color.
So I decided to implements those interesting elements for my zine.
- Style and effect of pages uses a kind of risograph and overprint from Zine Risografia E Serigrafia and An Experiment in Risograph
- Style of the photos uses image trace effect like The Art of the DJ Zine
- Colors sampled from the Mindset
- Proportion of colors inspired by the looks balance composition of Crime Zine
2D Project 2
2D_002_Zine_Research: Chosen Topics
2D_002_Zine_Research: The Kallang Journey
2D_002_Research: Zine References
2D_002_Research: The Linkway Bridge