The Collective Body

Collective Body

Collective Body

The collective body project makes me see how different parts of our body gestures can show our personalities and how it interacts with the other person’s photo posted. It influences the way I would react when I see the photos of the class being put together. It made me think that the human figure in the digital age can be deceiving as we only can see one view of how the person would portray themselves to be when the photo is taken. We may change or edit our photos to make others impressed with different parts of our bodies even if we are unhappy with them. When different people post different parts of their bodies on the same day I see that a story is being unfolded where different photos put together can tell a story. Since we are doing all together it seems that we are participating in this activity together showing a collective composite of selves. The composite body reflects how we show another part of ourselves differently and would always portray ourselves in a more cautious manner when we post photos of ourselves on the internet. This will cause others to misinterpret how we actually are in real life or remember us because of the photos we post and comment on how we are in real life.

Collective Body Live