Since i was dealing with the subject matter of deers. I first decided to explore more on the forms of the deer itself and also to try out some of the styles from my artist reference.
I also tried out some compositions through digital manipulation. I wanted to show a juxtaposition of either a fake animal in real environment or vice versa. Hence, i started by taking a few pictures of my own toy figurines and found an image of forest.
This are some tryouts:
After the first consultation with Joy, I decided to changed my approach and emailed her about the concept I’ve decided to focus on. This are some compositions that I’ve thought of:
Initially I was planning on producing it traditionally but Joy suggested for me to try something that would be related to my major, interactive media (IM). Hence, I decided to move to digital style of illustrations in terms of execution. Before I did it digitally, I explored more on my composition and also to finalise how it would more or less appear in the end.
When I finally to actually doing it digitally, I faced many difficulties as I’ve never done digital illustrations before. Hence, I decided to illustrate my concept through the most basic shapes and some found vectors. This is an example of my tryout for the characterisation of Mr KiasuBuck.